A Less Annoying WinRar Trial Popup
I've been utilizing WinRar for many years now. The trial error is mundane, especially since it is just the same as the Pro version, minus the annoying trial dialog.
I used Resource Hacker (download @ privatefileshare.com -- enter password: winrar) to get rid of the annoying WinRar trial dialog box. It has been plaguing me for a while, so I though I'd share how I did it:
- Unzip, then right-click "Ran as Administrator"
- Open C:\Program Files\WinRAR\WinRar.exe
- Expand the "Dialog" folder and find "REMINDER"
Right click "REMINDER" > Delete Resource > Yes(Apparently this worked last year -- but I get a different, more annoying "5.2.1 Expired" message after I deleted it)
- In the right area where the code is, just edit it to the new code below. When successful, your mouse automatically appears over the close box, with only it showing.
- Compile (F5), save & overwrite the old WinRar.exe, then exit.
REMINDER DIALOG 18, 61, 225, 88
STYLE DS_MODALFRAME | WS_POPUP | WS_VISIBLE | WS_CAPTION | WS_SYSMENU
LANGUAGE LANG_ENGLISH, SUBLANG_ENGLISH_US
FONT 8, "MS Shell Dlg 2"
CONTROL "Close", 1, BUTTON, BS_PUSHBUTTON | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_TABSTOP, 149, 37, 70, 14
CONTROL "", -1, BUTTON, BS_GROUPBOX | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 4, 4, 139, 77
CONTROL "Hi there, unzip away!", -1, STATIC, SS_LEFT | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 9, 16, 130, 55
And, poof! It's less annoying.